Cooperation with other networks
16 January 2012
The Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 750 Non- Governmental Organizations (NGOs) working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels.
CAN members work to achieve this goal through information exchange and the coordinated development of NGO strategy on international, regional, and national climate issues. CAN has regional and country offices which co-ordinate these efforts in Australia, Canada, China, Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Caucasus, Europe, France, Latin America, North Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Southern Africa, Uganda, the United States and West Africa.
The Green 10 consists of the ten leading environmental non-governmental organisations (NGOs) active at EU level:
- BirdLife International (European Community Office)
- Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe)
- CEE Bankwatch Network
- European Environmental Bureau (EEB)
- European Federation of Transport and Environment (T&E)
- Health and Environment Alliance
- Friends of the Earth Europe (FoEE)
- Greenpeace Europe
- International Friends of Nature (IFN)
- WWF European Policy Office
The organisations with the Green 10 work with the EU law-making institutions - the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Council of Ministers - to ensure that the environment is placed at the heart of policymaking. This includes working with our member organizations in the Member States to facilitate their input into the EU decision-making process.